Welcome to MFNS DPG, representing now over 1200 members!
Here's what's happening at MFNS
- April 12-13, 2013 Executive Committee Meeting
- Apply for the Ruby P. Puckett Leadership Award (Awards Page)
- Apply Academy Foundation Research Grants (News Page)
- HOD Survey (News Page)
- Newsletters – Quarterly
- Webinars – Ongoing & Archives
- FNCE – 2013 (News Page)
Become a Member of MFNS DPG!
Please remember to renew your MFNS membership and take advantage of the valuable resources MFNS membership provides. NOTE to existing/past members. If you cannot log into the ‘members only’ portion of the web site OR are not receiving EBlasts or listserv updates, it is likely due to expired membership. Here is the renewal link for those interested: http://www.eatright.org/login.aspx
ATTENTION: Please send all email correspondence you’d like to reach the MFNS Executive Committee to: MFNSDPG@gmail.com. Your issue will be addressed accordingly. Any email correspondence sent to firstname.lastname@example.org will be received by the MFNS Web Master.
We are planning exciting and informative Webinars for the upcoming year.
MFNS represents over 1200 members of the American Dietetic Association who specialize in managing Money, Minutes, Materials, Manpower & Machines - the 5 M's.
To join MFNS:
- join through the ADA online business center
- download a printable ADA/DPG membership application
- contact ADA's Member Service Center at 1-800-877-1600 Ext. 5000
Annual Dues are $30 from June 1st to May 31st.
Standards of Professional Performance (SOPP) for Registered Dietitians in Management of Food & Nutrition Systems have were published, JADA, March 2009. MFNS members, educators and interested will be interested in reviewing them. The SOPPs serve as a guide for RDs to evaluate and improve practice and demonstrate competence in management of food and nutrition systems. These standards answer the question, What are the skills, knowledge and competency that an RD in the provision of management of food & nutrition services at the generalist and specialist level?
A copy is also available on the member-only site.
- Unite in a national organization the ADA members who have management responsibilities in food and nutrition systems
- Provide a means of communication among members in this dietetic practice group and with other established groups
- Promote the professional and personal development of members
- Promote visibility of and career opportunities for this field of dietetic practice
- Promote applied research in the practice of dietetics
- Quarterly newsletter
- Networking opportunities
- Annual Meeting and Exhibition educational programming/special events
- Monitoring of legislative activity
- Support to state meetings
- Representation to Council on Professional Issues by officers
- Promotion of the management RD and DTR
- Educational Scholarships
- www.rdmanager.org - The official MFNS DPG web page, containing management information
- Two approved Sub-Units - Dietitians in College & University Food Services and Commercial & Retail Food Service