Welcome to MFNS DPG, representing over 1200 members!
Here is what's new at MFNS
MFNS / FNCE 2015 Events
Your new Executive Committee has taken office and looks forward to continuing to support your professional needs.
THANK YOU for your participation!
Here's what's happening at MFNS
Upcoming Webinar: Free Continuing Education CreditTrends and Challenges in the Healthcare Food Service Industry
Date: Aug 18, 2015
Time: 4EDT/3CDT/2MDT/ 1PDT
Ron Sabatini, CEC, Director of Culinary Operations, DM&A and Katie Clay, RD, LDN, Director of Safety, Sanitation and Guest Services at Bloomsburg University will explore current trends and shifts in eating patterns relative to their overall trickledown effect on the healthcare foodservice industry including menus, ingredients, purchasing, retail outlets and revenue streams.
At the conclusion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- List and discuss current trends in healthcare foodservice in the US.
- Describe how current trends are impacting healthcare food service operations in the US.
- Develop strategies to integrate current trends in to operations.
Suggested Learning Codes: 8030; 8050; 8070
Register now! CLICK HERE!
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
This webinar is free to MFNS members and has been approved for 1 hour CPEU.
This MFNS webinar is sponsored by DM & A.
MFNS FNCE® Events: Mark Your Calendars Now
MFNS members are invited to join fellow colleagues and students at FNCE® for networking.
MFNS Breakfast Nashville
Pull on your boots, grab your hat, and join us....
Date: Monday, October 5, 2015
Where: Omni Hotel, Nashville, Cumberland Room 3 & 4
- MFNS Members early bird rate: $10.00 up through August 21st, $15.00 after
- MFNS Student Members early bird rate: $5.00 up through August 21st, $10.00 after
- Non-Member fees listed on registration site
Registration Deadline: September 11, 2015
CLICK HERE to Register: Use your Academy log-in information.
Enjoy An Evening of Networking
It's a surprise.....Watch for more information on a special evening event for MFNS members; Details to be available soon.
MFNS Educational Sessions
MFNS has successfully partnered with two other academy organizations to provide educational sessions pertinent to our members. Plan to attend these sessions and support our member speakers and awardee.
Sunday, October 4, 2015 - 8:00-9:30am, Music City Center, Room 205
"RDNs in Action: Improving Quality Care using National Quality Strategy"
Monday, October 5, 2015 - 3:30 - 5:00 pm, Music City Center, Grand Ballroom B
"Excellence In Practice (EIP) Award Presentation:
Management Practice - Veronica McLymont, PhD, RD, CDN
"Dietetics? YOU'RE in Business! Set Your Sights at 20:20"
Tuesday, October 6, 2015 - 12:00-1:30pm, Music City Center, Room 209
"Feeding Culture on Campus: Expanding the World of Student Dining"
Become a Member of MFNS DPG!
Please remember to renew your MFNS membership and take advantage of the valuable resources MFNS membership provides. NOTE to existing/past members. If you cannot log into the 'members only' portion of the web site OR are not receiving EBlasts or listserv updates, it is likely due to expired membership. Here is the renewal link for those interested: http://www.eatright.org/login.aspx
ATTENTION: Please send all email correspondence you'd like to reach the MFNS Executive Committee to: MFNSDPG@gmail.com. Your issue will be addressed accordingly. Any email correspondence sent to email@example.com will be received by the MFNS Web Master.
We are planning exciting and informative Webinars for the upcoming year.
MFNS represents over 1200 members of the American Dietetic Association who specialize in managing Money, Minutes, Materials, Manpower & Machines - the 5 M's.
To join MFNS:
- join through the Academy online business center
- download a printable Academy/DPG membership application
- contact Academy's Member Service Center at 1-800-877-1600 Ext. 5000
Annual Dues are $30 from June 1st to May 31st.
Standards of Professional Performance (SOPP) for Registered Dietitians in Management of Food & Nutrition Systems have were published, JADA, March 2009. MFNS members, educators and interested will be interested in reviewing them. The SOPPs serve as a guide for RDs to evaluate and improve practice and demonstrate competence in management of food and nutrition systems. These standards answer the question, What are the skills, knowledge and competency that an RD in the provision of management of food & nutrition services at the generalist and specialist level?
A copy is also available on the member-only site.
- Unite in a national organization the Academy members who have management responsibilities in food and nutrition systems
- Provide a means of communication among members in this dietetic practice group and with other established groups
- Promote the professional and personal development of members
- Promote visibility of and career opportunities for this field of dietetic practice
- Promote applied research in the practice of dietetics