Welcome to MFNS DPG, representing over 1200 members!
Here is what's new at MFNS
MFNS / FNCE 2014 Events
Your new Executive Committee has taken office and looks forward to continuing to support your professional needs.
THANK YOU for your participation!
Here's what's happening at MFNS
- MFNS / FNCE 2014 Events
- Apply for the Ruby P. Puckett Leadership Award (Awards Page)
- Apply Academy Foundation Research Grants (News Page)
- Newsletters - Quarterly
- Webinars - Ongoing & Archives
Hello MFNS DPG Members,
FNCE is right around the corner and your MFNS Executive Committee is working to provide networking and social gathering events for your participation. Check out the News & Events / FNCE Atlanta 2014 page for activities on our web site. We'll continue to post here before and after the event so check back in from time to time. You can check out more details regarding FNCE at the Academy site: www.eatright.org/fnce
See you in Atlanta!
Patti Oliver, MS, RD, LD
MFNS 2014 Chair
Director of Nutrition
UCLA Health System
Attention MFNS Members!
We have enhanced operational activities for the "member login" function. From this point forward, please enter your www.eatright.org username and password in the login fields in the very upper right of the screen - any page of the rdmanager.org site supports the login. This will log you into and allow for access to the "mfns members only" features of the site. If you've forgotten these access codes you can reset at the www.eatright.org site or contact 1-800-877-1600 Ext. 5000, 8 AM - 5 PM Central Time, Monday - Friday or e-mail email@example.com
Thank you for your continued participation!
Become a Member of MFNS DPG!
Please remember to renew your MFNS membership and take advantage of the valuable resources MFNS membership provides. NOTE to existing/past members. If you cannot log into the 'members only' portion of the web site OR are not receiving EBlasts or listserv updates, it is likely due to expired membership. Here is the renewal link for those interested: http://www.eatright.org/login.aspx
ATTENTION: Please send all email correspondence you'd like to reach the MFNS Executive Committee to: MFNSDPG@gmail.com. Your issue will be addressed accordingly. Any email correspondence sent to firstname.lastname@example.org will be received by the MFNS Web Master.
We are planning exciting and informative Webinars for the upcoming year.
MFNS represents over 1200 members of the American Dietetic Association who specialize in managing Money, Minutes, Materials, Manpower & Machines - the 5 M's.
To join MFNS:
- join through the Academy online business center
- download a printable Academy/DPG membership application
- contact Academy's Member Service Center at 1-800-877-1600 Ext. 5000
Annual Dues are $30 from June 1st to May 31st.
Standards of Professional Performance (SOPP) for Registered Dietitians in Management of Food & Nutrition Systems have were published, JADA, March 2009. MFNS members, educators and interested will be interested in reviewing them. The SOPPs serve as a guide for RDs to evaluate and improve practice and demonstrate competence in management of food and nutrition systems. These standards answer the question, What are the skills, knowledge and competency that an RD in the provision of management of food & nutrition services at the generalist and specialist level?
A copy is also available on the member-only site.
- Unite in a national organization the Academy members who have management responsibilities in food and nutrition systems
- Provide a means of communication among members in this dietetic practice group and with other established groups
- Promote the professional and personal development of members
- Promote visibility of and career opportunities for this field of dietetic practice
- Promote applied research in the practice of dietetics
- Quarterly newsletter
- Networking opportunities
- Annual Meeting and Exhibition educational programming/special events
- Monitoring of legislative activity
- Support to state meetings
- Representation to Council on Professional Issues by officers
- Promotion of the management RD and DTR
- Educational Scholarships
- www.rdmanager.org - The official MFNS DPG web page, containing management information
- Two approved Sub-Units - Dietitians in College & University Food Services and Commercial & Retail Food Service